About the program
All internship positions are full-time positions based in our San Francisco office. We will provide relocation support as well as a monthly stipend of $4000. Our internship program is 14 weeks long with start dates in either May or June. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
What you'll do
You'll work closely with our research team to write a paper, aiming for a publication in a top-tier journal.
- Work on a state-of-the-art pipeline developed in-house.
- Collaborate with other top scientists and previously published authors in the statistical genetics field.
- Plan and execute on a research concept. You'll see it from inception all the way through paper submission.
- Use quantitative methods to define and advance key areas of our research agenda.
Who you are
Currently pursuing a Ph.D. degree in any of the following fields: Computational Biology, Statistics, Biostatistics or Machine Learning. We give preference to those in the 3rd year or higher of their Ph.D. program.
What you'll bring
- 2+ experience with functional genomics.
- Proficiency in Python, command-line, and optionally, R.
- Expertise in general machine learning and statistical methods.
- Ability to implement and interpret predictive models.
- Stellar communication and ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams.